Would you like to bring people together in communities that are religiously and ethnically diverse?
Come along to our workshop to find out how The Near Neighbours funding programme, could make your community project happen.
The Near Neighbours programme offers small grants between £250 and £5,000, as seed funding for local groups and organisations who are working to bring together neighbours, to develop relationships across diverse faiths and ethnicities in order to improve their communities.
Near Neighbours have offered funding to a broad range of work; environmental, social, cultural, artistic, and sporting, that furthers the programme’s aims of encouraging social interaction and social action.
Elizabeth Fewkes, Near Neighbours Coordinator for West London will be running this workshop. This workshop is aimed at organisations who are interested in applying for Near Neighbours Funding.
Near Neighbours has two key objectives:
1. Social interaction - to develop positive relationships in multi-faith areas i.e. to help people from different faiths get to know and understand each other better.
2. Social action - to encourage people of different faiths and of no faith to come together for initiatives that improve their local neighbourhood.
This workshop will cover:
- The specific guidance for completing the application
- Making sure you meet the criteria
- Writing the application
- Examples of the type of projects that Near neighbours have funded
This will be an interactive learning experience, where discussions and exercises will be used to bring the application together.
Date (select a date to book your place): CLOSED
Time: 12pm - 2pm
Course Venue: Barnet House, CommUNITY Barnet, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
For further information please contact Jeni Osbourne on 020 8364 8400 | firstname.lastname@example.org
More information is available about the fund here: https://www.near-neighbours.org.uk/